Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pushing on with abandon! 11 more weeks till Sunmart 50 Mile race!

These past two weeks have been incredible running experiences. One of the best workouts over these past two weeks was the Steamboat Mountain run. It was a great workout, and the hill was tough as nails, as usual, but I want to go back and train out there before my ultra...I think it would give me a great deal of confidence. Since that run, I have concentrated on one-mile repeats, and runs between 6 and 10 miles each over hills and trails, not counting the long runs of 12-14 miles.

I am running the Balloonfest 10k this weekend as a speed workout. Plus, it will be a nice change of pace to end the week with. Because next week, I start my real long workouts for the ultra. I am running the Palo Duro Canyon run in Amarillo in October as a prelude to the 50 mile race at Sunmart. But, my training starting monday will emphasize longer runs, hills, speed workouts (one mile and one-and-half-mile repeats) and back-to-back long runs on the weekends to teach myself to run on tired legs.

I am also thinking of adding in more weight lifting, and some power walking to my routine.

No comments: