Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Quest for the 50 mile race

This past week was a great start toward my 50 mile race at the Huntsville State Park, near Houston. I only logged in 27 miles for the week, but got lots of weight lifting and cross-training in there, as well.

Monday, I ran 4 miles in the morning, and lifted weights for upper body in the afternoon.

Tuesday, I did another 5 miles in the morning, and did lower body weight training in the afternoon.

Wednesday, I did cross training. I got in a great aerobic workout on the elliptical trainer for 25 minutes. It was a great, hard workout, and I rested as far as running goes. Seems like I should add in another 3 mile of running to my week after that...the elliptical was pretty intense!

Thursday, I came back and did another 5 miles at Redbud Park.

Friday, another 5 mile run in the afternoon, and did some walking in the afternoon.

Saturday, I was up at 6:00 a.m, and did an 8 mile run. It was a great run...I saw three deer and two jackrabbits as I ran down an old country road near my house.

Sunday is a day of rest. So, not a bad week of running and cross training. Next week will be an increase in mileage, especially on my long run.

A great start toward my march to the 50 mile race in December.

No comments: